George Fernandes 416-493-0016
Under the direction of the Liturgical Hospitality Coordinator, the Liturgical Hospitality: Greeters & Ushers serve the Liturgy by helping to establish a climate of welcome, helpfulness and order among those gathered. They assist the assembly with practical details so that the Liturgy and Sacred Rites can be celebrated with ease and grace.
- Ensures that the Church is presentable and welcoming.
- Arrives early with appropriate attire.
- Welcomes parishioners as they arrive, being attentive to newcomers, children, the elderly and those with special needs.
- Offers information or assistance regarding the parish, the Liturgy, the facilities, parish registration procedures, location of restrooms, special events and seating arrangements.
- Helps the assembly by handing out hymnals, receiving collections and seating late arrivals and persons with disabilities.
- Ensures that a family/group has been designated to present gifts.
Responds appropriately to particular needs or emergencies within the assembly.
- Assists in the movement of the assembly during Holy Communion.
- Carries the collection up when gifts are being presented.
- Assists with the departure of the assembly.
- Participates fully in the Liturgy as an exemplary member of the assembly.
- Carries out other functions as requested by the Pastor and/or Pastoral Team.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Registered and in good standing with the Church, Pastor and community.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Is recognized within the parish community as a person of good reputation.
- Has the ability to work with others as a team.
Personal Traits and Qualities
- Desires to serve the community and to commit time and talents to this ministry.
- Honest, dependable and can maintain strict confidentiality.
- Is able to collaborate well with others and enjoys teamwork.
- Has a helpful, supportive and non-threatening attitude when working with people.
- Is comfortable with being accountable and is sensitive to the observance of proper boundaries.
- Has a spirit of generosity.
Orientation and Training
Standard parish orientation program and training provided by the Liturgical Hospitality Coordinator.